Nevada Irrigation District will be opening all it facilities to boating, day use and camping on July 1, 2020!!!
Please see our new guidelines for Camping and Day Use:
- Anyone coming on to our facilities will have to fill out a Release of Liability form
- If you are sick please stay home, you will receive a full refund
- Camping, boating and day use are with household members only
- Only one household should occupy each campsite. Non-registered visitors will not be permitted (basically no extra vehicles)
- Do not congregate in other campsites, campers must stay to their own site
- Visitors should keep their face masks nearby, especially in the day use areas
- Maintain 6 ft of distance from non-household members
- Playgrounds and store will be closed
- We will sell ice and wood at our gate houses
- Fuel will be sold at Long Ravine and Scotts Flat
- Bathrooms will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day
- Bring hand sanitizer
Update: May 26, 2020
Peninsula campgrounds and facilities will be closed until further notice.
Update: May 22, 2020
Scotts Flat, Long Ravine, Orchard Springs and Peninsula campgrounds and facilities will be closed until further notice.
Jackson Meadow campgrounds closed until further notice.
Update: May 16, 2020
ALL NID LAUNCH RAMPS TO REMAIN CLOSED TILL FURTHER NOTICE!
Update as of May 7, 2020
Nevada Irrigation District is temporarily closing all Recreation facilities to support state and local efforts to slow the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Scotts Flat, Long Ravine, Orchard Springs and Peninsula campgrounds and facilities will be closed thru May 31, 2020
Jackson Meadow campgrounds closed through June 14, 2020
The temporary closure includes all boat launches at Scott’s Flat Reservoir and Rollins Reservoir.
Peninsula Family Camping – Family Camping at its BEST!
Located on Rollins Lake in beautiful Grass Valley, Peninsula Family Camping can offer you and your family room to spread out. Enjoy camping and outdoor recreation like it was meant to be.
Come enjoy old-fashioned quiet family camping at its finest. With over 300 acres, surrounded by Rollins Lake, Peninsula provides a great escape to the beauty of nature, a way to re-energize and reconnect with family and friends.
With a mild summer climate, at 2200 feet elevation, we are just 30 minutes from historic Grass Valley and Nevada City in the heart of the motherlode country and just 1.5 hours from Sacramento or Reno.
Come for a weekend or stay for a week, with great fishing, water sports, boating, biking or just sitting around the campfire.